Hello my name is Karen, I am living and working in Shanghai. I have been engaged in international trade for 6 yrs. Welcome to China.
I am a good communicator and listener. Pleasant Personality&Enegertic&Fun, I hope that I can be contributing to making your stay in China more enjoyable and interesting.
1. From 2011 to Jan 2013, I worked as a sourcing agent for a Brazilian company, helping them with sourcing projects,including Market Research,Supplier Identification&Auditing,RFI/RFO,Price Negotiation and Production Inspection before Shipment. Main products are: Faucets,Toilet&Basin, Bathroom Accessories, Valves, Showers, Tubes, Flexible Hoses, and Garden tools.
2. Year 2008-2010, I was a salesman in a trading company with its own factory specializing in the plumbing industry. Our product lines include PIPE and PLUMBING FIXTURES and have been serving many clients from different countries,including USA,Canada,UK,Germany,Italy,Spain,Brazil,Chile,Dubai and etc.
3. Year 2007-2008, I started my first full-time job in a construction machinery company ---EPS machine. This job gave me a lot of opportunities to learn and grow by practice.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED AND ACQUIRED FROM MY WORK
1. I have been in the plumbing and sanitaryware industry for almost 5 years, I have much knowledge of raw materials (stainless steel, brass, copper, zinc alloy, aluminum) and the surface finish (electroplating, sandblasting, polishing, galvanizing, glazing and etc) and production technique (forging, casting, welding and CNC machining). As a girl I know this is regarded as man’s job, so sometimes I think I am amazing.
2. Much exposure to both oversea buyers and local suppliers has made me a good communicator and negotiator, who can think globally and act locally.
3. Last but not least, I have learnt a lot from my clients and my suppliers. I learnt how to enjoy life from my Brazilian boss, to share from my friend Murray, a 60-year-old happy USA client with big smile, and to strive for excellence from Ken, who is the owner of a two-generation family enterprise and etc….
Now I work as freelancer, focusing on international trade. With my expertise and knowledge, I hope that I could provide a more real perspective of what doing business in China
4. I am also a good tour guide in Shanghai.
Back to top ↑
- Can you do a review for Karen on Monday so we can get a receipt from them.
Karen was outstanding!!! We used her services for an energy conference in which we were exhibitors. Karen had us send her information on our company so that she could be prepared to assist us in the most informed manner.
Karen was enthusiastic and extremely professional. She spent the entire week with us and was willing and able to perform whatever task that was requested of her. Karen was utilized as a translator in the exhibition booth, meetings, phone calls, etc. her English was outstanding. We also had Karen accompany us on a touring day and she was fantastic.
Karen exceeded our expectations. When we arrived to China, our luggage was lost. We sent Karen a message to assist us with the China Airlines luggage lost and found. By the time we awoke the next morning, Karen had already communicated with the airline, located our luggage and made arrangements to personally pick it up and bring it to our hotel. We will definitely use Karen again when we are in Shanghai and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
- Karen was absolutely fantastic given all the support I was expectating. She is easy-going, her face transmit safe communication. She speak english very well and very easy to understand. I really appreciate her service and she is approved to next time
Waygood International Trading
- Karen provided us with a very professional service. Overall, We are very satisfied with her performance as a translator and a professional. Her ability to translate chinese to english is stellar. She was able to effectively assist us with exchanging information and ideas with the chinese manufactuers we visited. As a result of the trip, we plan on making a purchase from one of the companies we met with.
We would hire Karen again. We also will recommend highly to others.
Aztec Steel Buildings, INC.
- Karen provided great support in a series of meetings with one of my factories when the regular English speaking staff member at the factory was unavailable.
Our initial arrangements were quick and efficient; Karen worked directly with the factory staff to arrange her travel. Once we met, I gave Karen a quick briefing and she took it from there.
Her English was great, and although I threw some engineering terms at her, she was able to handle them and communicate effectively.
I will be glad to use Karen again when the situation arises, and would recommend her to others.
Technical Director, Uni-Bond Brake, USA
- Dear Kate/Freeiva,
I wish to let you know that I was very pleased with the service I received from your company and Karen did an excellent job, making my trip to china a great experience.
I believe she is a credit to your organisation, and will recommend your company and her services to anyone travelling to china on business or pleasure.
M and J Burton
Wheelwright and carriage supplies
- I recently had the pleasure of employing Karen as guide and interpreter, she was always punctual, well dressed and spoke very good English. There is no doubt that with her help it made my first trip to China a very easy and enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend her, she is also a great credit to the Freeiva company.
- It was a pleasure to work with Karen. She was punctual and well prepared. I appreciate her motivation and her pleasant appearance. I can highly recommend her!
- Karen was very professional and punctual, always dresses well and was a pleasure to travel with. She has a good grasp of english and made my trip a pleasure. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone travelling or business or pleasure.
- Even if I had the chance to work with Karen just for a meeting, I have do admit that she is very professional with high speaking skills and she is also very good at negotiating. Thank you Karen! It would be pleasure to work with you again.